This course is designed for anyone interested in developing their knowledge and abilities in facilitating online events and courses in an online world.
International Network for Advancing Science and Policy (INASP) have made this course available free of charge. This is a self-study tutorial. You can join any time and stay enrolled in the tutorial for as long as you would like. It should to take 3 hours to complete each unit, a total of 12 hours for the entire course. A certificate will be generated automatically once the completion criteria have been met.
The resources and activities in this course are guided readings with reflective and practical activities. There are some videos within the content for which a fast internet connection would be useful. However it is possible to complete the course without watching the videos.
The course consists of four units:
- Introduction to online training and facilitation
- Moving events online
- Facilitating online events
- Facilitating online courses
On completion of the facilitating events and courses in an online world course, you will be able to:
- choose facilitation techniques that will work for a particular type of online engagement
- facilitate an online course
- run an online event such as a video conference or webinar
- choose tools to engage with online participants.