The first event of the Early Career Network of Commonwealth Chemistry is the organisation of a webinar with inspirational talks on empowerment & personal development of early career chemists titled ‘Pathways to Success’. This free-to-access webinar will help to develop careers of early career chemists and access networking opportunities. This is now available to watch on demand.
The Early Career Network plans to organise a series of activities to cater for the needs of early career chemists across the commonwealth, in line with the recommendations of the report “A Sustainable Chemistry Workforce for a Sustainable Future’.
During the webinar you will hear from our speakers, who will each give a short talk about their experiences and this will be followed by 30-40 minutes of live Q&A.
Our speakers are:
- Dr Genevieve Adukpo (Department of Chemistry, University of Cape Coast, Ghana),
- Dr Joseph C. Bear (Department of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kingston University, London, United Kingdom)
- Dr Lydia Rhyman (Computational Chemistry Group, Department of Chemistry, University of Mauritius, Mauritius)
The speakers will discuss:
- navigating a pathway to success
- overcoming challenges
- building integrity within your career
- career progression